Redesign of nativity set museum
The Franziskanerinnen from the Bonlanden Monastery commissioned Milla & Partner with the redesign of their museum.
At the heart is a walk-through historic baroque nativity set. Embedded into a landscape extending over 160 square meters, it narrates the biblical story of Jesus in 16 scenes - beginning with the prophecy from the Old Testament. The historical exhibition is supplemented with two areas showing the close connection between the crib and the Order. It was the founder of the Order, Franz von Assisi, who in the year 1223 started the custom of nativity sets with a number of figures he set up in the forest of Grecchio.
Schw. Witburga Mendler, Generalvikarin
„Our nativity set has become a visitor magnet. Visitors of all ages are very enthusiastic about it - throughout the year, not just at christmas ...”
Work in Progress: Mock-up and voice recordings for the audio guide
- Design and implementation of the exhibition
- Integration of the crib figures in a newly designed model landscape
- Visitor's tour with two complementing exhibition areas
- Developement of audio guide and kids play crib
- Multiple targeting: adults, teenagers and children